Thursday, September 25, 2008

Making a Photo Puzzle

I will show to you in details how i created a photo puzzle from this picture....

To this amazing photo effect...
1. Open the Image
Open the image. I use the captured image of my two kids, Vince and Charles, using my 6- megapixel Canon Camera.


2. Apply some photo retouching if needed
Since I am not yet contented the way my image looks, so i applied some a little bit photo retouching like cropping, applying levels and curves, patching and cloning to some parts of the wall, slight noise reduction, sharpening and increasing color saturation. And I finally got this:

Can you see now the difference? Well, looks better now. I am much happier with this. And of course i never forget to save my work (File>Save or Ctrl+S).

3. Go to Filter>Texture>Texturizer
So, after I have satisfied with my photo and now I am ready to make it as a puzzle. Then I go to FILTER>Texture>Texturizer

4. Click for "Load Texture"
In the texture window, you can see the small arrow pointing to the right, as being encircled below. Click that small arrow and click the LOAD TEXTURE.

5. Browse for your Puzzle texture
Now for my next step, browse for my Photoshop Installation folder. It is saved in this folder: c:\\Pogram Files\Adobe\PhotoshopCS3\Presets\Texture.


Then I look for the Puzzle.psd. It is in a .psd file (..and as a matter of fact there are many textures in that folder!) Ok, select now that Puzzle.psd and click open.

6. Make adjustments
And I make the following adjustment settings:
You can adjust it by your own depending on the appearance you want for your photo puzzle. If you want to a have a small pieces of puzzle, lower the scaling slider and if you want a deeper appearance of the puzzle, you can increase the relief slider.

7. There it is!
Tada! My photo puzzle......

8. Add some design
And for my final, I placed it in a wooden frame which I downloaded from a corkboard freebie sometime four months ago but I deeply apologize because I forget the name of the designer. Whoever she is, I thank you very much for your generosity to share your work with others. And I added some shadow on the frame and create it's own layer so that i can transform (Ctrl+T) it in this way.

There it goes..I can now load it to my layout page in my dital scrapbooking. You can make your own, too.

Hopefully this tutorial could make a help for your layout. This could be simple for those who are already in hand of photoshop and other photo retouching techniques. Though it’s simple, I still very glad to share whatever simple idea I have. So, happy reading and keep practicing! Good day everybody!

No comments: